CLERK OF RECORDS
Clerk of Courts - Robert Catalde, Esq.The Clerk of Courts' main responsibility is to act as custodian for all criminal court records. These records consist of motions, pleadings, transcripts and any other filing that is related to a criminal case.
There do exist some responsibilities that are civil in nature such as maintaining road dockets, liquor board matters, and other miscellaneous dockets. These civil responsibilities only account for a small percentage of the Clerks' responsibilities. Again, the major concern is criminal records.
Primary Functions of the Clerk of Courts
- Accepts bail bonds to release defendants from custody. The costs associated with this service are the amount of the bond, plus a $15 bond fee.
- Performs criminal record searches on adults. There is a $10 search fee for this service. Anyone can come in person and check for free.
- Accepts and processes summary appeals from District Justice decisions, including traffic code violations. There is a $40 non-refundable fee for filing this appeal.
- Accepts and processes direct appeals from the Court of Common Pleas to the Superior Court of Pennsylvania. There is a $60 fee to Superior Court and a $40 fee to the Clerks Office for this service.
- The Clerk of Courts office works in conjunction with the Adult Probation office to operate the Collections Bureau. This department is responsible for the collections and distribution of all court costs, fines, fees and restitution from criminal defendants. Those amounts collected are then distributed to the appropriate recipient.
Contact Informationrcatalde@eriecountygov.org Erie County Clerk of Courts
Erie County Courthouse, Room 103
140 West 6th Street
Erie PA, 16501