County Controller's Office
Mary E. Schaaf, County ControllerTelephone: (814) 451-6266
Fax: (814) 451-7470
TDD: (814) 451-6237
FRAUD, WASTE AND MISUSE HOTLINE: (814) 451-6369
Erie County Court House
140 West Sixth Street
Erie, PA 16501
Hours: 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
As the County's top elected fiscal officer, Controller Schaaf is responsible to the taxpayers to protect their tax dollars from fraud, waste and misuse in County government. She leads the fight against inefficient and inequitable spending and is focused on making County government more transparent and accountable to the taxpayers. The Controller's Office maintains a continuous audit and prepares an annual post-audit of County revenues and accounts which is available below. Special internal audits are conducted as the Controller deems necessary or as requested by other elected officials. Reports of fraud, waste, or misuse of County funds or property may be made anonymously on the link below. The Controller will investigate all reports and take appropriate action to maintain the integrity of County monies.
The Controller's Office presides over all bid openings. The Controller serves as a voting member of the Erie County Retirement Board and is responsible for securities litigation for the Pension.
County Controller's Annual Audit Report
- Click here to view the report for the year ending December 31, 2011.
- Click here to view the report for the year ending December 31, 2012.
- Administration's Response to Action Plan from 2012 Controller's Audit Report
County Controller's Investigative Prison Report and Press Release
- Controller's Office Prison Report
- Controller's Office Press Release Regarding the Prison Report
- Corrective Action Plan for County Controller's Prison Report, October 15, 2012
- Click here to view the most recently approved meeting minutes from the Erie County Employees’ Retirement Board and Pleasant Ridge Manor Employees’ Retirement Committee.
- Cy Pres Funds from Securities Litigation Distribution
FRAUD, WASTE AND MISUSE HOTLINEThe County of Erie Fraud, Waste and Misuse Hotline is operated by the Erie County Controller. The purpose of the hotline is to allow anyone to report in confidence information regarding any fraud, waste or other misuse of County of Erie assets. You do not have to leave your name when making a report. The Hotline number is 451-6369 and can be utilized 24 (twenty-four) hours a day, 7(seven) days per week. Alternatively, you can click here to submit a report online.
|If you think you have knowledge of...||YOU can help, because...|
Your tip may result in a cost-saving audit or investigation, but only if you report it to us.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS!
(Although, if you identify yourself, it may assist in our investigation)
Here's how you can report it... Click here to submit a report online, or call 451-6369.